Guest review "Does exactly what it says on the tin"


While this may not be ideal accommodation for your whole stay if you're on holiday, this is a perfect place to stay if you're in transit at Dar Es Salaam airport or waiting for an inconveniently timed flight, just as the name suggests.

Very easy to book online and very quick to reach from the airport. I agree with other reviewers that technically it is close enough to walk from the airport, and the airport taxis do overcharge given that it's a 5 minute drive, but they're still pretty cheap and if you have a suitcase the road condition and location mean it's not a great idea to walk, especially given the usual hot temperatures. As a woman travelling on my own for that part of the journey and clearly being a tourist, I wouldn't consider walking around here on my own, and especially not at night.

I stayed from about 1:30pm-1:30am between flights (which I think qualified as a cheaper 'day' booking rather than the 'per night' rate).

This is excellent value for money and actually much nicer than I had been expecting.

The room I stayed in was basic but clean and bug free, with a large ceiling fan and very effective air conditioning plus several working sockets. There was a small flatscreen TV but I didn't use it, as the wifi was excellent and unlimited - strong enough to allow streaming on one device while browsing on another. At first I wondered whether I was just lucky and no other guests were there/awake but the signal strength was consistent throughout the evening when there were definitely other people here.

The staff in the bar/restaurant and at the front desk were all extremely friendly and helpful.

The one meal I had at the restaurant was nice, and such a large portion that I couldn't finish it. It was very reasonably priced, as was the beer. [Chicken curry with ugali (or rice) plus a Kilimanjaro beer was TZS14,000 - so around £5 / $8]. The range on the menu was pretty good, but like most places that use fresh ingredients, they don't always have everything so my first choice (fish curry) wasn't available.

Other reviewers mentioned noise - I didn't experience anything unreasonable or too late. Another reviewer also mentioned a complaint about the water temperature and pressure - again,
I had a different experience and found it perfectly adequate, particularly for Tanzania.

Overall I was extremely impressed - I don't pass through here often but when I do I will definitely be staying here between flights again, and I have recommended it to friends and their colleagues.

Asante sana!

Stayed October 2014, traveled solo

This review was posted in Tripadvisor

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...